At the end of this month, you’re gonna see some unexpected art gracing the walls of our Bistro here at Boundary Bay Brewery!
On April 29th, the Appliance Depot will be hanging up Appliance Art from local artists which will be on display through May. All art included in the show must be made from at least 75% appliance parts (any appliances used in kitchen and/or laundry room are accepted) and the artists are encouraged to use as much recycled materials for the non-appliance portion of their pieces as well.
If you see a piece of art you love, you can buy it right off the wall or take your chances and wait for the silent auction at the end of the show! For all art pieces sold, the artist gets 75% of the final sale price and the remaining 25% goes to Appliance Depot to help fund a nonprofit job training program that salvages, reparis and sells used appliances. Any art pieces that haven’t been sold beforehand will go into a silent auction at the Appliance Art Revival which takes place in our Beer Garden on June 2nd!