This weekend we’ll be heading out to Semiahmoo Resort again to go head to head with Lost River Winery in our second Beer vs.Wine dinner. This month’s dinner will feature five courses prepared by Semiahmoo’s culinary team, each paired with two beverages: a craft-brewed beer from Boundary Bay Brewery and a specially selected wine from Lost River Winery. Enjoy lively discussion between dinner co-hosts Boundary Bay owner, Ed Bennett, and Lost River’s Liam Doyle. Let your taste buds be the judge and cast your votes thoughout the evening for your favorite food and beverage pairing in each course! There’s still time to make your reservations for this weekend…check out the amazing menu:
- Onion Tart made with puff pastry, thyme and white cheddar
- Semiahmoo Oysters with shallot fondue and bacon
- Asparagus with San Daniel Parma ham and aged balsamic.
2nd Course: Belgian Pale Ale vs. Columbia Valley Rainshadow ’08
- Halibut Torta with strawberry salsa, masa crisp, black bean jalapeno lime halibut and micro cilantro
3rd Course: Cascadian Dark Ale vs. Walla Walla Valley Syrah
- White Truffle Pasta with foraged mushrooms, nettles, tomato jus and pecorino
4th Course: Dunkles Bock vs. Columbia Valley Cedarosa ’07
- Lamb: herb crusted double chop, spring vegetables, creamed potato and mustard jus
5th Course: Imperial Oatmeal Stout vs. Columbia Valley Late Harvest Semillon
- Ice Cream Cake: rhubarb ice cream, fresh ginger cake, white chocolate and minted shortbread.
The dinner is $79 per person. Or choose the Hotel and Dinner package for two for $289. For reservations call 1-800-770-7992. www.semiahmoo.com